5 of Life's Ugly Truths
5 of Life’s Ugly Truths
Some days in life you are the statue and other days you are the pigeon. (Think about that and let it sink in). Life isn’t always pretty there is no need to sugarcoat it just roll with it and live life day by day.
1) You will fail: At some point in your life you will fail. But the question is not will you fail? The question is, how will you respond when you do fail? Will you wallow in self-pity? Will you make excuses? Will you shift the blame to others? When you fail in life, your response is what shows your character. You’ll learn more from your failures than you will from your success. Only a rough sea can make an excellent sailor. Learn from your failure, grow from your failures, and use them a stepping stone to your success.
2) You will be rejected: You will experience rejection and that is okay. Rejection can be protection from something or someone that wasn’t truly for you. Do not internalize rejection, take it in stride, and move on. You need to move on because there is something greater down the road.
3) Your heart will be broken: Somewhere, someday you’ll meet someone who you think is the love of your life and they’ll break your heart, it happens. And it happens to the best of us. Mourn briefly, learn from it, and move on. Do not dwell on it, do not take it out on the next person, and understand it is about of your growth. Do not internalize this pain and become jaded.
4) Your best won’t be enough: Sometimes in life you’ll get something your best shot and your best just won’t be enough. This doesn’t mean you aren’t great, this doesn’t mean you are a complete failure at life. Some times our best is not enough and that is okay. The key is not to give up and not to keep trying. Do not be discouraged because you fell short, keep trying.
5) You will struggle: At some point in life you will face some form of advertisy. Do not give up, do not run away, and do not hide. You cannot go around it, you cannot go under it, you can’t go over it, YOU MUST GO THROUGH IT. Sometimes your greatest rewards can only be birthed through struggles.