5 of Life’s Ugly Truths
Some days in life you are the statue and other days you are the pigeon. (Think about that and let it sink in). Life isn’t always pretty there is no need to sugarcoat it just roll with it and live life day by day.
1) You will fail: At some point in your life you will fail. But the question is not will you fail? The question is, how will you respond when you do fail? Will you wallow in self-pity? Will you make excuses? Will you shift the blame to others? When you fail in life, your response is what shows your character. You’ll learn more from your failures than you will from your success. Only a rough sea can make an excellent sailor. Learn from your failure, grow from your failures, and use them a stepping stone to your success.
2) You will be rejected: You will experience rejection and that is okay. Rejection can be protection from something or someone that wasn’t truly for you. Do not internalize rejection, take it in stride, and move on. You need to move on because there is something greater down the road.
3) Your heart will be broken: Somewhere, someday you’ll meet someone who you think is the love of your life and they’ll break your heart, it happens. And it happens to the best of us. Mourn briefly, learn from it, and move on. Do not dwell on it, do not take it out on the next person, and understand it is about of your growth. Do not internalize this pain and become jaded.
4) Your best won’t be enough: Sometimes in life you’ll get something your best shot and your best just won’t be enough. This doesn’t mean you aren’t great, this doesn’t mean you are a complete failure at life. Some times our best is not enough and that is okay. The key is not to give up and not to keep trying. Do not be discouraged because you fell short, keep trying.
5) You will struggle: At some point in life you will face some form of advertisy. Do not give up, do not run away, and do not hide. You cannot go around it, you cannot go under it, you can’t go over it, YOU MUST GO THROUGH IT. Sometimes your greatest rewards can only be birthed through struggles.
Popular posts from this blog
Foreword to "To Live, Learn, and Die in Halifax Co." : I am a lifestyle writer not a journalist. I normally write about funny stuff: love, life, and a laughter. I like making people laugh not think; I leave that to serious people. When I posted this essay it wasn't to attack anyone and it wasn't to be attacked or chided in return. Normally my posts get about 100 views in a couple of weeks but within two hours of me posting this piece it had over 1000 views. Let me be clear, I am not an expert on schools, I am not an expert on taxation, I am not an expert on the finances of Halifax County. However, anyone with two eyes can look around and see that Halifax County is SUFFERING. I wrote this piece because I have seen the effects that our piss poor schools have had on my generation and all subsequent generations. I spoke about my grandmother's work ethic and her desire to see her children do better not to focus on her parenting. It was to focus on the fact that the
Dreaming With A Broken Heart Part II Three months later.... My life has been pure hell without Kena. She wouldn't return my calls. I even went as far as to go to her parents' house that was damn sure the wrong move I barely escape there without getting my ass whooped by her father who was a former Army drill sergeant. I went to her apartment. She wouldn't answer the door. I went to her job she had security to promptly escort me out. I was truly a man apart. I was sitting at my desk when I got a call from Corey. "Aye man what's up" "Nothing much just sitting in the office.” "Word, well me, Chuck and Kyle are going out Shooters to watch the game tonight. You tryna roll?” Corey had been trying to get me to go out for the past month and I wasn't feeling it. "I think I'm going to chill at the crib and watch it." "Fool you coming out tonight. I'm sick of your ass sitting round the house acting like it's the end
Voodoo "Aja! Aja! What in hell are you doing?" I smacked my lips as I struggled to pull the back of my shoe onto my heel. "Natalia, I'm coming as quick as I can, I'm trying to get these damn shoes on!" I stumbled out of my bedroom and into the hallway. Natalia was standing in my living room with her hands impatiently on her hips. She already knew I was procrastinating because I didn't want to get into this fuckery she was trying to involve me in. I put on my coat and prepared to head into the bitter cold January night. As we got into Natalia's car and headed towards the movie theatre. "Nat is he cute or what?" Natalia defensively shrugged her shoulders. "Girl I don't know. Dante just told me to invite one of my girls because his homeboy is new in town and he wanted him to get out and mingle." I rolled my eyes. If old boy looked anything like Dante it was no dice. Don't get me wrong Dante was